So I literally have not danced in a while. Its 9:49 AM, I'm at home in bed with a semi-cough and nasal congestion that leaves me drained. But class with Apes is tomorrow and I soo need to feel better. I need to dance. I have to dance. It's one of the only things that helps me relieve stress and find a happy place (literally). Like I said before, Dance is like a drug to me. I have a constant need for it, and when I don't I have a sort of withdrawal. I constantly crave to learn more, to strive for more knowledge of movement, of the emotional gratification it gives me, and feeling I get after I do it. It's like a mental and physical high that no other drug can give me. Ever since I was six dancing ballet, to High School doing Jazz and Hip Hop and now taking classes twice a week, I feel like without it, I'm not the same person. Without dance, I feel lazy, weak, bored with life. It's another way of learning for me, not just routines, but learning perseverance and to not give up, whether it's pushing myself or doing something I thought I couldn't do. So whether it be taking class, performing, or even choreographing for my little WHS Choreo babies, I have to constantly move and feel music. It's what makes me, me.
So to elaborate on the song title, April taught to Love Sex & Magic by Ciara and JT at Jayvee, I had plans already so I couldn't go but I'm basically hoping she teaches it tomorrow at hype. Take a peep. She's the business.
"And you feel so fly assisting me But now it’s my turn to watch you"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.