Today was my mental health day. I spent it well. Half of the day was spent lingering in bed, and the rest out and about shopping with mommy. Got a lot of things accomplished today: Nails fixed, room arranged, and two new purses to add to my collection (both of which I truly adore). While I was resting up, waiting for my mom to finish up something, I came across a Miley Cyrus article on the April issue of
Glamour Magazine. For a lot of the time, I pretty much decided to hate on Miley and Miss Hannah Montana. I was never truly a "fan" until I read this interview. Not only is she down to earth, she has a mind of her own. She sticks to her morals and values and regardless of her "mistakes" and "falls" from the previous years, she knows how good she has it and she owns up to her wrongs. It's something I truly applaud her for. Not only did she confess to her boyfriend Justin Gaston and their relationship, she hid nothing of it. She was honest, she was true. She was nothing but herself. I might have judged her too soon way back when, and I was in no liberty to judge. What we se depicted on People or those nasty tabloid magazines are none to compare to the real person. If I have a daughter, Miley would be one of the stars I would actually want her to look up to. Not Hannah Montana, but Miley Cyrus herself. She spoke eloquently and intelligently, something I would have never expected from her. She is beyond amazing. With her being only 16 years of age, and quite possibly 30 years of experience already on her belt, she really is a force to be reckoned with. It's sad that a magazine article had to change my mind about her.
Congratulations Miley Cyrus on all of your successes and accomplishments and kudos in advance to everything you will acclaim in the future!
"I think at some point during everyone's life, you finally figure yourself out. I haven't done that yet. I'm still learning who I am... The minute I stop making mistakes is the minute I stop learning."Miley Cyrus
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.