Why do people continue to hold on? What causes our fear of letting go? And why do we continue choose to go the path that we know isn't the healthiest for ourselves? A matter of decisions and contemplations which all decide an individual's fate. The questions we have, the insecurities, and irreconcilable emotions, force us to cling to pain and to the familiar, rather than the incoherent and frightening possibilities of the unknown and the future. Whether it be for selfish reasons, or quite possibly unselfish excuses, this subconscious reflex continues in our system, I for one know I'm a victim of trying to cling on to things rather than moving on. Yet I find it difficult to come to a conclusion as to why I do such things. Here's the answer my psychology professor gave me. We constantly try to cling to things because we think..." I put so much effort into it, it would be a waste", though we know letting go is easier, we are afraid to see and possibly realize that those once endeavors were nonetheless worthless.
People have a hard time letting go of their suffering.
Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.
-Thich Nhat Hanh
Let go. Why do you cling to pain?
There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday.
It is not yours to judge.
Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope & love?"
-Leo Buscaglia
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.