In my mindless and futile attempt to be rid of my technology obsession, I ended up realizing that I didn't need to give it up in order to live my life. Instead, giving it up made me more cynical then I already am. Technology really was my means of expressing my opinions, views, and to capture the idiosyncracies of my everyday life. At the same time, I can vividly and unapologetically relive what goes on in my everyday life. Combining wit and humor, to recount my own daily interactions. It's for me and not for anyone else. I shouldn't have to give it up in order to "live life" it's all about managing a healthy and stable balance between the two in order to live vicariously they want to. It's expression, freedom of speech in a more technologically advanced way.
In my meaningless attempt to get over certain situations in my life, I've completely abolished three of the things that allow me to express myself freely. It's safe to say I'm back in the computer and tech-y world of blogging, tweeting, and facebooking. It felt like a gap, a gap that I thought I could live with, yet went half way crazy trying. I felt damaged, and in my futile and ridiculous attempt to "fix" myself, I've stopped being myself, and turned introverted and someone so ludicrous that I didn't even recognize myself.
So as far as getting back into the habit, I'm trying something new with my online blogging. To look at the good rather than relishing on the negatives. To focus more on what makes me smile, rather than what makes the space between my nose wrinkle up. Each day I'll find the things that happen to turn my mood on the positive. I want positivity around me to enrich and manifest happiness within and around my life. Whether it be people, circumstances, or even the smaller things that change me for the good.
Here's what made me smile today:
1. I got a 90/100 on my Statistics Midterm, especially since I hadn't attended class since my last midterm, and spent nearly half the time studying necessary.
2. A cute boy talked to me on campus.
3. I got parking during rush hour on campus relatively near to my class.
4. I spent time with BFFC <3
5. I texted soulsistaa Tina the whole day.
6. Mehmet Okur is sitting out of the Lakers V. Jazz game, ensuring another win for the Lakers.
Those are just some of the reasons why I'm smiling today.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.