


♥
We get each other, like two peas in a pod, which is no surprise why we're BFFLs. And no he's not my boyfriend, nor will he ever be. He's more like my partner in crime when it comes to mischief and brodder when it comes to everything else. Ever since I think junior year he's been my best guy friend who I can always turn to no matter what, and I'm the same for him. I think that even though we don't always see each other, our friendship stays STRONG like Arnold Schwarzeneger in the Terminator. Through thick and thin. I love that boy to death, even if we don't always see eye to eye. We're just like chicken and waffles. ;)
In other news, spent like an hour with Char and we had one of those heart to heart moments that most besties have, except while I was enjoying my chicken adobo rice and she had my hot cheetos we got through the topic of "closing the door" on things, more specifically, how certain individuals do so. We realize its hard, and not everyone gets through it the same way. But I'm proud of her that she's fully closed her door, and that I'm 100% sure that I've closed mine. We hit a high HIGH-FIVE and toasted to closed doors of the past, and bright doors of the future.
"Good things come from dark moments...
but don't relish in the darkness."
-Father Jim at today's service.
It was one of those homilies where it really stuck to me. I can so relate to everything he preached today. Whether it be about living at home during college, the stress of work and school, or even troubles with relationships. We can't always look at dark moments with hesitation, good things might possibly come out of it. But at the same time, we can't persist and linger in the dark rather push forward and propel to the light.
Amen.
So Ida, Why Did You Smile Today?
1. Spent good quality bonding time with my BFFL.
2. Ate a dodger dog without having to sit through a Dodger game.
3. Had a really meaningful talk with the BFFC.
4. Ate at Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles.
5. Attended a very life-brightening (if you will) service.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.