Sunday, March 22, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

:]

This weekend was pretty kick ass if I do say so myself. Even though I was physically and mentally deprived of my facebook, myspace, twitter, blogger and god forbid email communications, I had a genuine good time with my parents. Since I turned 19, it might be one of the fewer family vacations to date compared to before. But it was good to spend time with them, since even though we all live under the same roof, we hardly ever see or spend time with each other.


@ Sonic's in VEGAS! Definitely my highlight.


So this weekend was a whirlwind. We left friday morning and made a stop over at Garden Grove to pick up some stuff for the family, so we didn't end up at our hotel until about 3. The hotel was pretty dope. It was far from the strip but it was a good change to our usual MGM or New York New York check ins. It had a movie theater, bowling ally and an arcade. Then we ate at Sonics! Yes, be jealous, but apparently Vegas has Sonic's left and right, only California is deprived of that amazing drive-in. Then we went back to the hotel to get ready to go watch O at the Bellagio. It was amazing. Its inspirational to see a different form of dance that I'm used to. Something that combines athleticism, ballet, jazz, lyrical, gymnastics and comedy all in one to create a mind blowing experience. Then the next day we went all around Vegas to places we don't usually go to like Lake Las Vegas and the newer hotels. Bought some cool stuff. A mini-mouse shirt from H&M for this weekend, the Twilight DVD (of course), something for the Bestizzle, a book for some extra light reading and then some other non-essentials that I sort of regret spending money on. Then we ate at this bomb seafood buffet that was $38 per person. So freaking whack. Which meant I couldn't take class at Groove like I'd hoped to but holy moly that seafood buffet @ Rio was so worth it. I swear me and my parents didn't get up after the first trip to the buffetline. We got massive amounts of crabs, shrimps, lobsters, oysters, etc etc and we were freaking stuffed. Not to mention unlimited Gelatto for dessert. Oh yeah and I went to Yogurt Island for the first time, ironic it was in Vegas not Cali. But I've gotten so used to Pinkberry and Yogurberry that Yogurt Island was a very good change. :]

Let's see. The only downparts was traffic and massive amounts of wind. But other than that it was a good weekend with the family. I've been spending so much time with friends lately that I haven't spent that much time with them. I missed it. Now next weekend is Anaheim! :]


Time for some rest. Work...er Werrrk in the morning!




I would be jealous too if I weren't me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.