Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Can We Learn From Our Mistakes?


"All girls really want is
somebody to want them back...
At least I do."

"I was afraid to be vulnerable. And I was afraid of you
and the way that you make me feel."

"Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep people away.
But to see who cares enough to tear those walls down."


Bestizzle, BFFC and I were talking while at the park, driving to Home Depot Center, at BobaLoca, and while I was at her house about past relationships, the good, the bad, the happy, the sad, and we came across certain topics that the above One Tree Hill quotes touched upon. We both grew up through our past relationships, learning from eachother and the boys that touched our lives in various ways making us stronger and emotionally healthier individuals. It was a lot to take in and a lot to process all at once. There were a lot of silent lapses and thinking to ourselves this whole day. Being girls people expect us to constantly talk about the opposite sex but this is a lot different. Because this deals with us. Our faults which caused our past relationships to fail and in order for us to grow, we need to learn from our mistakes. The three main were the want, the vulnerability and the walls that we use in order to somehow fuck us over each time. I've lived by these One Tree Hill quotes for the longest time, referring to them and it always makes me feel better. I just figured I'd share it. TCB has our issues with the boys/men in our lives each quote probably pertains to one or even all of us.

We've all been fucked over before, once, twice maybe even three times. And that makes us scared shitless for a future commitment, and maybe it's about time that we stop being scared, stop putting up walls, stop having expectations and stop fighting how we feel and just go with it. Sometimes risks are worth it, and sometimes they are worth the wait. What I'm trying to get at is that, I think its about time we grow and understand what we've gone through in the past and look at the present as a gift and don't make the same mistakes again and not fall on our hearts miserably. Because sometimes maybe taking that step at being vulnerable of the unknown might actually be worth it. You never know.




“I didn't think that guys like you actually existed, sweet and sincere, and hot, you're like a unicorn!”

My Unicorn is out there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.